November 21, 2023
CD Rates Have Started to Fall—So Don’t Delay If You’ve Been Waiting to Lock In
- CD rates began climbing in 2022, and have skyrocketed this year to record highs.
- But the best nationwide CD rates have slipped in the last two weeks, possibly signaling that rates have peaked.
- If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on opening a CD, now is a smart time—in case rates continue to fall.
- The best CD rates in the country currently range from 5.20% to 6.00%, depending on the term, and are locked in until the CD’s maturity date.
- The CD rate surge has been…